How to turn off Find my iPhone?
By : Jovita Gomes /
You may find “Find my iPhone” useful if you're prone to losing your device down the side of your sofa or leaving it in a place you wouldn't have imagined you left your phone. However, you may find its time to turn the handy tracker off if you're ready to sell your iPhone or you perhaps you don't want iCloud to find you.
You can find your iPhone using all sorts of Apple devices e.g. iPhones, iPads, iWatch etc. Below we have listed some tips to help you turn off Find my iPhone.
How to turn off Find my iPhone.
How to turn off Activation Lock.
How to turn off Find my iPhone without a password.
How to turn off Find my iPhone from Mac.
How to turn off Find my iPhone using iCloud
iCloud is a handy tool that Apple users love. You can use this to track the whereabouts of your device, store all your data and find where your mates are headed. To turn this feature off you can use either another iPhone iPad or iWatch that is linked to your iPad.
- All you need to do is open the Settings app, click your name on the top of the page.
- Once you have clicked your iCloud account, tap iCloud then scroll to the section “Find my iPhone”.
- Use the toggle to turn off “Find my iPhone” and if you like, “Send Last Location” and once that’s completed, your device will no longer be tracked.
It’s as simple as that. However, if you don't have access to your iCloud or you haven't got any other Apple devices that are listed in this section, we have listed more useful ways to turn this feature off below.
How to turn off Activation Lock
Activation Lock helps secure your device if it ends up in the wrong hands or you lose it. If you're unable to turn off “Find my iPhone” by using the steps mentioned above, this may be because your Activation Lock is on.
Activation Lock is a feature used to prevent anyone from using your iPhone, iPad etc. If your device is ever lost or stolen, Activation Lock is automatically switched on when you enable Find my iPhone. You will need to contact Apple Support directly if you are experiencing this problem.
How to turn off Find my iPhone without password
When trying to disable “Find my iPhone” you may not need your passcode to complete this. Even though we usually provide a password whenever we change certain features in our Settings, there is a way to disable this feature without using a password.
- Go to Settings > Your name (iCloud account) > Tap “Delete Account” > Toggle off “Find my iPhone”.
- A pop-up will then request for a password, however, press and hold down the power button to shut down your iPhone.
- Once it has turned off, switch it back on holding the power button.
- Go to your iCloud settings, click on Delete Account and toggle off “Find my iPhone”.
This should now have allowed you to turn off Find my iPhone without a password.
How to remove Find my iPhone from Mac
If you are using either a Mac or MacBook and you would like to remove this device from Find My iPhone, simply:
- Choose Apple menu (the Apple logo on the top left-hand side of your Mac).
- Click System Preferences.
- Click iCloud.
- Then untick Find My Mac.
- Lastly, enter your iCloud username and password