How to Unlock iPad?
By : Ali Ergal /
It can be a tricky situation when you’ve forgotten your passcode and can’t get on to your iPad. Forgetting your password is easy, especially when you have different passwords for different devices. It can be even more frustrating when you have tried numerous passcodes and this, in turn, has disabled your iPad. If you have forgotten your password or your iPad is now disabled, and you can’t seem to gain access, there are some simple ways to get past those few digits that are keeping you from gaining access to your iPad. We have listed some ways on how to unlock an iPad without a passcode.
How to Unlock iPad with iTunes?
If your device is synced with iTunes, you can restore your device which will erase all data and content and the passcode that is blocking you from accessing your iPad.
- Firstly, connect your device to a computer using a USB cable, then open iTunes.
- Allow some time for iTunes to sync your device and create a backup.
- After the sync and backup are completed, go ahead and restore your iPad.
- When that is completed, select your device in iTunes and then restore with the most relevant backup data.
How to Unlock iPad in Recovery Mode?
If you have not backed up your data in a while, restoring your device in recovery mode will erase all content and settings from your iPad.
- Firstly, connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes, then perform a force restart.
- To force restart your device: hold both the Volume and Side button at the same time. Hold these buttons until you see the recovery mode symbol on the screen.
- This will then give you an option to either update or restore, choose the restore option and this will reset all content and settings on your iPad. Once this is completed, you can then set up your device as new.
How to Unlock iPad Passcode without iTunes/Restore?
When you're locked out of your iPad and you haven't got a computer to restore your device, you may be looking for other ways to unlock your iPad. Try out tips below to see if this helps you gain access to your iPad;
Siri is a useful tool and recognizes your voice, so it’s a good idea to try this option if all else fails.
- Ask Siri to open an application that doesn't exist on your device. Siri will explain that the app does not exist on your device and will then bring up the App Store icon, so you can search for this.
- Then click on the App Store icon, a window will open, and you can opt to either select the last app or update other apps. Swipe the front screen and you should then be able to access your iPad.
You can attempt to unlock your iPad using "Find my iPad". You will need to log onto www.iCloud.com to do this. This option only works if you have the "Find My iPad" enabled on your device.
- Sign in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password.
- Go to: All Devices > Select your iPad > Erase iPad. This will remove your iPad from Find my iPad and the passcode.
If all your attempts to unlock your iPad fails, bring your iPad to us and we should be able to help you.